Sue Johnson Nursing Scholarship
Before her retirement from Parkview, Sue Johnson served as the Director of Nursing Clinical Excellence & Research. Sue has a passion for education and believes in the power of generosity. Her gift to the Parkview Foundation established the Sue Johnson Nursing Scholarship, available to Parkview co-workers who are pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing at accredited schools.
The Sue Johnson Nursing Scholarship will provide $2,000 a year at the beginning of each school year for up to two years to the recipient and may be used for tuition and/or books. This scholarship is available to all eligible Parkview co-workers system-wide who are pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
- Be enrolled in a B.S. Nursing program at a school with a nursing program that has a national nursing accreditation through either ACEN or CCNE.
- Have at least 2 years of service with Parkview.
- Have at status of .4 or higher.
- Be in good standing with no disciplinary actions in the previous 2 years.
- Provide one professional recommendation from a supervisor, co-worker, or educator.
- Provide a one-page narrative on why you are seeking this scholarship and the anticipated benefit to Parkview and its patients if you complete your B.S. Nursing degree.
- If applying for a second year of funding, candidates must provide proof that he/she completed the first year with at least a B average or equivalent.
Applications will be accepted again in the spring.