Darlene J. Tielker
Memorial Nursing Scholarship
We are so pleased that you have decided on a career in nursing and have considered applying for the Darlene J. Tielker Memorial Nursing Scholarship. We believe nursing to be a true calling that for many is not just an occupation, but a way of fostering a giving, caring spirit. Darlene J. Tielker exemplified this with the way she lived her everyday life.
Darlene was born and raised in Fort Wayne, Indiana. She decided on a nursing career very early on. She began her work as a nurse while putting her husband through college and then medical school. For several years, she worked at home raising their four children. During this time, she was also active with volunteer work at their schools as well as several agencies in the community, especially those focused on the welfare of children.
She later returned to work as a nurse at the Family Practice Residency Program. She thoroughly enjoyed working with the residents and even more with the patients. She often provided a shoulder to lean on as well as money from her own pocket when necessary. At the same time, she took on the responsibility as the primary caregiver for several elderly family members with ailing health.
Darlene J. Tielker embodied the word "nurse" throughout her life in the care and compassion she showed to her family, friends, patients, and all others she touched. We hope you carry the torch in your own journey in nursing.
The Darlene J. Tielker Family
The Darlene J. Tielker Memorial Nursing Scholarship is for $2,500 (payable directly to the school, $1,250 each semester) and is renewable for a total of four years. This scholarship is available to all eligible Parkview co-workers system-wide who are pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
- Be accepted to and planning to attend the B.S. Nursing program at a school with a nursing program that has a national nursing acceditation through either ACEN or CCNE.
- Have at least 2 years of service with Parkview.
- Be in good standing with no disciplinary actions in the previous 2 years.
- Provide proof of financial need.
- Provide two recommendations, one of which must be from a supervisor, co-worker, or educator.
- Provide a one-page narrative on why you are seeking this scholarship and the anticipated benefit to Parkview and its patients if you complete your B.S. Nursing degree.
Applications will be accepted again in the spring.