Cathy E. Harris Good Samaritan Scholarship
The Cathy E. Harris Good Samaritan Scholarship was established in honor of Cathy Harris, former Director of Parkview Samaritan. Before her retirement in 2013, Cathy devoted 24 years of service to Parkview’s Flight and Trauma program. Cathy played a key part in the growth, development, and vision of what the program has grown into today. In 1989, Parkview’s program had one aircraft. By the time Cathy retired, it had expanded to include two helicopters, a Mobile Intensive Care Unit, and Critical Care Transport Truck.
The Cathy E. Harris Good Samaritan Scholarship will provide a total $2,000 a year at the beginning of the school year, distributed amongst the recipients. Those pursuing Basic EMT certification will be eligible for $300, Advanced EMT certification for $700, and Paramedic certification for $1,000. The scholarship dollars will be distributed directly to the school or program and may be used toward tuition and/or books.
Applications are now being accepted through June 30, 2018.
- Be accepted into or enrolled into a EMT, Advanced EMT, or Paramedic program.
- Have at least one year of service with Parkview Health.
- Be in good standing with no disciplinary actions within the last year.
- Provide one professional letter of recommendation from a supervisor, co-worker, or educator.
- Provide a one-page narrative on why you are seeking this scholarship and the anticipated benefit to Parkview and its patients and community if you complete this program.
Parkview co-workers may apply for the Cathy E. Harris Good Samaritan Scholarship by filling out and submitting the form below (all fields are required) or by downloading the application PDF and mailing it to:
For Questions, please contact Chad Owen, Director of Communications, EMS, Emergency and Flight Services at 266-3542 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
10622 Parkview Plaza Drive
Fort Wayne, Indiana 46845